Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I heard an interview with Kieth Richards a while ago, and he was telling a story about how he had kept himself awake, along with the rest of the Rolling Stones, for four nights in a row, and how on each night, the stones had had to played a gig! Granted they were probably full of drugs at the time, but still it does make me feel a little pathetic for feeling a worn out because I'd played 2 gigs in a day.
However 'a bit worn out', was how i was feeling on Saturday evening, having just got home from playing the first couple of W!LD shows this summer.
Maybe it's like football though, where the only way to get truly match fit, (or gig fit in this case,) is.... to play a few matches/gigs. 
Anyway tiring or not, it was exceedingly nice to be performing again and, apart from a broken guitar strap, and some truly terrible stage talk from yours truly, both the gigs went alright, I think.
Many thanks to everyone who came along, and/or was involved in organising them.

The day after our gigs included my weekly football fix, and during that, I rather unfortunate sprained my ankle.
It was nothing a pack of frozen peas, and a temporary crutch, (actually a curtain pole,) couldn't sort out though. And I'm expecting to be fit again in time for W!LDs next performance, (in Ennis on Friday,) that is as long as the manager picks me! 

Louis  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: