Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It not often you can cool off after a show by paddling in the sea, but Saturdays gig at the highly enjoyable Melfest, offered just such an opportunity.* Beautifully situated on the Sheep’s Head peninsular, it was an all day charity event featuring among other guests, The Calvinists, Karma Parking… and yes you guessed it, W!LD.
Ben was down to play with us which was fun, his steady presence, combined with pleasantly spacious stage meant we were able to dance around a bit more then we have done recently.
Mind you dancing’s still not really my strong point, especially if I have to do so while simultaneously hitting all the right notes! I’m probably improving though?… I’d better be, because if W!LD ever start playing larger venues, my theory is the bigger the stage, the more elaborately you have to leap about!

The rest of last week disappeared over the horizon in a in a cloud of dust, before I’d even really noticed it was there… which is another way of saying it was busy, but mostly forgettable.
…..And help we’re already nearly half way through this week as well, I’d better go make some more news!

Louis.

songcenturyproject.com

*The consequence of my paddle was that when i put by shoes back on, the residue of salty water caused their ink run and I ended up with bright blue feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: