Tuesday, August 14, 2012


One thing I really dislike about the modern music industry is the decline of CDs, and that everything is going digital.
This is mostly because I’m worried no one will be bothered about album artwork anymore, (I’m sure there’s already less emphasis on that than there used to be,) which would be a terrible shame, but also because I’m a bit of a hoarder, and I love having the physical copy of something, weather it be a CD, a DVD, a book, or even a video game.
Having said that however, I must admit a tad guiltily, that I haven’t actually bought a CD for about a year, so it’ll be with a little desperation as well as excitement, that I go buy the new Bloc Party album later this month, shortly followed by Muse’s latest offering in September.
I even pine for old records sometimes, which makes me feel very old fashioned, but the art work just looks 'so' fantastic on them, all grand and highly detailed. 
I sometimes say to myself  ‘wouldn’t it be great if CDs could still have album cover that size’ and then I  rack my brains for a bit trying to think of a way this could happen, (maybe something like a poster you get free with an album,) but as yet I’ve never thought of anything sensible. 
I very rarely do.

One day maybe;)
Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: