Monday, June 11, 2012

I write to you from the surprisingly sunny hills of west Yorkshire. I say surprisingly because before this morning the hills have been very much playing to stereotype, and hiding themselves behind great clouds of mist and, icy sheets of rain.
Me and the rest of family Wild are here on our summer holidays, having nobly decided to lend our ocean cruiser, and little island in the Bahamas, to somebody else.   

Back home my recording got as far as a piano track and, about twenty slightly gravelly vocal takes. None of the latter were particularly definitive unfortunately, although I did decide to keep nearly all of them, mostly due to an irrational fear of deleting things.
I was also working on a another song, one I wrote ages ago, rewriting and rerecording the bass line, (yet again,) and then trying to record the drums at about 11pm the night before we left.
I didn't get particularly close to finishing either song, but I was still going post a link of the recordings so you could hear them. Unfortunately though I can't find the memory stick i put them on anywhere! I'm getting a nasty feeling i may have left it at home. Sorry.

Louis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: